Sunday, September 25, 2011

Super Easy Fettuccine Alfredo

Good Sunday Morning to Everyone!

I made this dish last night for Dinner and my Husband and I LOVED IT! I didnt have enough butter so I 1/2'd it! Acutally 1/2ing it made the perfect amount for just two people, but the full recipe will be Ideal for a family of 4. I actually had all of the ingredients, so I didnt have to substitute anything. =) WOW! haha..However I did add the salt that the original recipe called for.. but with the butter and salted pasta water.. you can totally omitted it. Also one last thing, I added milk to it to make it more creamy, but if you dont have milk, it will be fine without!

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!!



2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 lb grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
1 tsp garlic powder
1 lb fettuccine
1/3 Cup Milk
Grilled Chicken (Optional)

In a medium sized bowl mix the butter, garlic powder and Parmesan until creamy.

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook fettuccine for about 12 minutes. Reserve about 1/4 cup of cooking water; drain pasta.

Return fettuccine to warm pot. Toss pasta with 1/2 teaspoon salt, cheese mixture, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add more pasta water, as needed. Serve with additional cheese.

Original Recipe - http://www.plainchicken.com/search/label/favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment