Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Double Chocolate Coconut Cherry Cookies

Well.. I wanted something sweet so I went ahead and made some cookies! Of course with some adjustments! This time using my Mother's & Sister's Pantry =)

I omitted the baking soda, because I didnt have any, so then just I doubled the baking powder to make up for it. The original recipe also called for Vanilla but there again i didnt have it so I used Cherry instead, which seems more appealing me to anyways! Something about Chocolate, Cherries and Coconut! Lastly, I used 2 cups of flour instead of the 1 3/4 it called for. I like my cookies to be a little more cakey, so thats why I choose to add more.

So there you have it! Another recipe that has more than just one subsitution! Enjoy!


Ingredients

  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon Cherry extract
  •  2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
  • 1 3/4 cups sweetened flaked coconut
  • Semi-Sweet Baking Square - Just for garnish

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put butter and sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer, mix on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in Cherry Extract.

Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into a medium bowl. Mix into butter mixture until well combined. Stir in coconut.

Drop batter onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or use a baking stone, which ever you have, spacing 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly. Then I took the baking sqaure and grated it with a cheese grater and sprinkled it on the top of each cookie (This is the double chocolate part). Bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment