Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Substituting Between Baking Powder and Baking Soda?

 I came across this issue a few weeks ago when I went to make cookies. So I turned to good old Google to find answers! Here is what I found:

You need to use 2-3 times more baking powder than baking soda.  - Which is true.. because of course.. I tried it out! I thought the taste would be way off.. but to my surprise it wasnt! I made Chocolate chip cookies with this method.

I also found that you can make your own Baking Powder:

Mix 2 parts cream of tartar with 1 part baking soda. For example, mix 2 tsp cream of tartar with 1 tsp baking soda.

So there.. I know this helped me out.. hopefully it will help you out as well! I will include the link if you would like to read more about it! Looks like we found Chemistry in the Pantry today! haha =) Til next time! Thanks for Reading!

http://chemistry.about.com/od/foodchemistryfaqs/f/powdersoda.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment