Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Granola

I love fall and I love Pumpkins..! This recipe I absolutely love. I took a few ingredients away and added others.. of course right?! haha ! It came out amazing. This would also make a great gift!

So when I went to make this.. I seen that I only had half of the oats that it called for.. so... I 1/2'd it! Yay!.. and it came out just fine! I also didnt have the applesause that the original recipe called for so I just doubled the pumpkin. (It's the same consistency as the pumkin). I also omitted the netmug. I used the pumpkin spice I made a few days back. Added honey for more tastse and then I used trail mix in stead of just the cranberries that it called for.

 Its so amazing what you find in your pantry! Enjoy:

Ingredients:

5 cups rolled oats
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ tsp. salt
¾ cup brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup maple syrup
2 Tbs Honey
3/4 cup trail mix (any kind you like, I used a Cranberry mix)

Directions:


1. Preheat the oven to 325° F. Slightly Oil a baking sheet.

2. In a large bowl, combine oats, spices, and salt. Mix well.

3. In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and Honey. Whisk until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into oat mixture and stir until the oats are evenly coated. They will be moist. Evenly spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.

4. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and stir. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the granola is golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and stir in trail mix. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

You can serve granola with yogurt, milk, or enjoy plain =)



I also put some in a jar.. Which would make a beautiful gift!



Original Recipe  - http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/AjIqXZ/www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/pinterest-instagram-an-addiction/

No comments:

Post a Comment