Thursday, September 29, 2011

Easy Pear Cobbler

I have made this recipe over and over and Its been a favorite! I added more flour than the original recipe called for and I also dusted it with sugar & cinnamon once I took it out of the oven (I did this after I took the picture =P) I have also tried adding a Teaspoon of cinnamon in the mixture as well. Also I used Margarine instead of butter. Have fun with this! I know it going to be a family fav!
 
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
2 cups canned or fresh fruits, with juice


Preheat oven to 400°F.
 
Pour melted butter into a 9-inch square baking dish. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar and a pinch of salt. Stir in milk and almond extract, if using; mix only until combined.
Pour the batter over the melted butter in the baking dish. Ladle fruit with juice over the top of the batter.

Bake in preheated oven for 25-35 minutes, or until batter rises to the top. Sprinkle cinnamon & sugar on top if so desired. Its also good with vanilla Ice cream on top!


Servings: 4
 

No comments:

Post a Comment