Friday, September 30, 2011

No Yeast Bread

Oh my! This bread has gotten me so excited! I didnt have yeast so this was PERFECT! I used milk in this recipe instead of the water, but you can use either or!

This is a harder bread. Would be ideal for souds and Salads. I want to try this as a soup bowl...

Hope you like this as much as I did! Such a simple recipe! You should have everything for this!




 
Ingredients:
4 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp baking soda
1½ cups Milk (or water)
2 tsp vinegar (cider or white)
Preheat oven to 400.

Combine dry ingredients and mix. Combine water and vinegar. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix. Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead for two or three minutes (no need to overdo it). Shape into a flat round ball (about 1½ to 2 inches high), then place on pan. With a sharp knife cut an 'X' into the top of the loaf.

Bake 40 minutes. Remove, and while hot, glaze with 1 tbsp melted or softened butter.

Original Source - http://earthnotes.tripod.com/soda-bread.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment